408 Corrosion Inhibitor
Petroleum-based, outdoor corrosion preventative for ferrous and non-ferrous metals.
Available in 5 gallon buckets and 55 gallon drums (Yes, some people use that much!).
- Excellent salt spray and humidity resistance.
- Bonds well to all metal substrates.
- Excellent long-term storage and rust protection.
- Neutralizes fingerprints or other acidic contaminates.
- Produces a hydrophobic (water repellent) coating.
- Residual oil film remains elastic and will expand and
contract without cracking.
- Excellent lubricating properties.
- Transparent coating allowing visual inspection of parts and other identification markings.
Will provide up to 24 months outdoor corrosion protection. It may be applied by airless spray, dipping or brush methods. When practical, dipping is preferred since it assures complete coverage.
8408 is ideal for:
·Outdoor storage of finished parts or raw stock.
·Steel mills or foundries.
·Coating parts to be shipped overseas.
·Anywhere long-term metal corrosion prevention is desired.
·Coating internal or inter-connecting parts that are subject to metal to metal.